About Me

My photo
A blog for the "aaaarrrgggghhh" and the "phew" moments of our life - me and my two boys, one of whom has aspergers. Yes, he does quite often think he is right, but I was right too. So we finally have a diagnosis. Lets see what happens next...

Sunday 11 December 2011

Plans...

This weekend has been a full-on one for me. Full of reading blogs, getting perspective, finding similarities... I've broken through the resentment of having to do the legwork of becoming self-taught, and think I might have found some lovely connections...

There's a label "Kids Today Eh" on my main blog, http://trashsparkle.blogspot.com/ giving the picture about how its been going. However I figured that continuing to subtly plonk my ongoing sagas amongst glittery vintage acquisitions and ramblings about biscuits wasn't going to help me find other aspie parents or aspies to link up with. So yesterday morning I got up and tinkered around with Blogger, setting up this second, and so far very sparse blog. The glittery stuff will continue on over at trashsparkle...

The plans? Oh, right. I need the 14 year old to be up on Wednesday, and willing to meet the attendance manager from "his school". 3rd time lucky, and all that. Between you and me I'm just playing the game of not obstructing things for the benefit of the attendance improvement peeps, and will go along with whatever my son wants or does not want. If we can find a way for him to feel happy going there to use the facilities for graphic design, and perhaps a few other things, then great. If not, then more of the same. Which has been staying at home doing very little.

His sleep patterns are cock-eyed; he responds to visual information rather than verbal. In the sense that if I draw him a pie chart of how long he's been awake, etc, he won't argue with it. Any verbal way of trying to put that to him will stress him out trying to find ways of arguing against it. So we're keeping a Chart of Sleep this week - bar chart at the moment, but I might try lots of 24-hour circles. And as I'm crap at admin, and can only fill out forms, write letters, etc when I'm so fed up with them that I do them in anger, I am not expecting miracles. Just for the all-night electricity consumption to subside a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment