About Me

My photo
A blog for the "aaaarrrgggghhh" and the "phew" moments of our life - me and my two boys, one of whom has aspergers. Yes, he does quite often think he is right, but I was right too. So we finally have a diagnosis. Lets see what happens next...

Monday 19 December 2011

Leaps And Bounds

Monday morning, and not too optimistic of being able to get the 14 year old up - not one of his (or anyone else's favourite moments...) - but with him being Really Good At Going To Bed On Time over the weekend it was a doddle. Bit of a wobbly moment claiming a sore throat was making it hard for him to get ready, but by then I was running out of time to get him out the door on time - a phone call to school to say he was going in for the 2nd lesson and could they ring me when he got there, with the phone call made in front of him. And off I had to go, to work. And he actually DID get there, because they rang me. He did the rest of the day, so a first was him staying there over lunch instead of coming home at 1pm, and the Really Big Thing, getting the rush-hour bus back. He wanted to do that, and it was all fine.

He's coping so well.... its hard to believe I've been chasing CAMHS for 2 months for their written diagnosis, and dealing with all this official stuff to do with his refusal to go to school. Still can't help wondering how long the fuse will be though...

No comments:

Post a Comment